Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Corner~CheeseCake~Brownie Brownie


The Corner Cheesecake Brownie Brownie

Back in the 80s, Cheesecake brownies were everybody's Munchie for the MoMent.
My MoM made loads of them for Yulemas one year, with My help, thank You verra much!
We used a Box brownie mix, and fresh Cream Cheese mixture. Several years ago, I tried a recipe that I found online for a Scratch brownie. Then just added the same Cream Ceese topping. It really is a simple put together.  
and Wicked YuMMY! 

My oldest son, mOOndoGGie {yes, that is his childhood nickname} works as a waiter and he and his coworkers decided to adopt the Children's Ward at one of the local hospitals. The employees would each bring in something and sell to each other to raise money for this project.
Although, in typical teenage fashion, He's not sure what They are doing with the money....
Oy.

Anyhow, I'm glad to do My part. For a mere 1 1/2 to 2 hours, I get to do something I Love  {cOOk}, for something I Love {Kids}.....

Here's the Recipe
*********************
Brownies:
1/2  cup butter, melted
1     cup white sugar
2     eggs
1/2  cup self rising flour {although I use Regular flour with no problem at aLL}
1/3  cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4  tsp salt
1     tsp vanilla extract
 









(if you want to make non~cheesecake brownies, leave as is or add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts)

Preheat oven to 350*. Grease an 8x8 or 9x9 inch baking pan.
In a medium bowl, beat toghether the butter and sugar. Add eggs, and mix well. Combine the flour, cocoa and salt; stir into the sugar mixture. Mix in the vanilla (and if adding, walnuts). Spread evenly into the prepared pan.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes in the preheated oven or until the edges are firm. Cool before cutting.


Cream Cheese Mixture
***************************
1 {8oz} package Cream Cheese
1    egg
1/3 cup white sugar
Beat together the cream cheese, egg and sugar with an electric mixer.
Spread cream cheese mixture on top of brownie mixture and bake.

Now if You're doing the smaller size {8x8, 9x9} everything works fine as is.
If You're doubling the recipe {like 9x13}, Your cook time is most likely going to be anywhere from 10 to 15 mins extra. Set Your timer for 30 ~ 35 minutes. I use a chopstick to test if the center is done. Mine will usually come clean with the brownie, but I find the cream cheese usually sticks.
That's when You cook in 5 minute increments, and watch Your pan! You can see the cream cheese brown, and possibly crack on top...that's when I take mine out. Once it cools and settles, its perfect.


Oh, why are They caLLed the Corner Cheesecake Brownie Brownie?
Because I could nevah, evah, send out a dish that I made without TasTing it! {wink}
I would be ab-soh-lutely! Mortified, Darlin...if I dish I made were to be sent out, unTasTed,
and be hoRRiBLe. Mortified, Darlin, Mortified.


And its just a damn gOOd excuse to eat a Brownie. yep.

No comments:

Post a Comment