Friday, November 20, 2009

Pumpkin Puree


We had one pumpkin left so here was My chance to try my hand at Pumpkin Puree. I followed the basic instructions which I found online. 



After cutting the Pumpkin in half, and cleaning it,
{saving the seeds to plant next year} 









I put the PumPkin halves in pots, poured in some water, and then baked in the oven.  
For a Really Really Long time! 
 I started around *375 ~ *425, and then just cranked it up to *500 to speed it along. 
I lost track of time. 
It was more than an hour! or two!





By the time it felt soft enough the outside had darkened quite a bit. 







I then proceeded to cut the pulp from the skin and puree it in my food processor. I got quite a bit. It went in the freezer, after cooling, so that I can try my hand at Scratch PumPkin Pie later.


After cleaning the seeds from the PumPkin, I just filled the bowl with water 
{which helps TREMENDOUSLY when trying to separate the seeds}
and then let dry on a cookie sheet.



This is one of the sites that I used when trying to determine what way to cook my pumpkin.
http://dessert-recipes.suite101.com/article.cfm/the_best_real_pumpkin_pie

This was also one of the sites I used as a reference, but for some reason,
the section won't display. I am posting anyway!

http://www.pickyourown.org/pumpkinpie.php



No comments:

Post a Comment