Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Tangerine Bath Salts





The Man, LOVES! his Tangerines, Satsumas, and Oranges.
I bought these really lovely Tangerines for him from the grocery store,
and
They smelled absoulutely delicious when he was peeling them, so I had a Thought! (yes, yes indeed)
Tangerine Bath Salts.
When I buy Citrus, I really try to save the rinds to dry and use in My Incense recipes
or Bath recipes.

I turned the oven on to 225* to preheat before I began cutting the peel.
I took the Tangerine peel and sliced into about 1/4 inch thin slices and those in smaller pieces if they were
too long.

I tend to like them kind of square and short strips.
Lay them on a cookie sheet and put in over for about, mmm, 20 minutes.
WATCH CAREFULLY!
They can turn and burn quickly.
You can see when they are just right, with a deep golden brown tone to them.
After they cooled I put them in a jar with the Coarse Sea Salt and shook it up.




I like to let my Bath Salts set up about a week, shaking firly to mix it all up, twice a day.

Oh, it smells verra Lovely.
Its like an Orange LoLLiPoP without all the Stickiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment