Monday, July 12, 2010

Cherry Clafoutis

Cherry Clafoutis is the Cherry BomB!

A few years ago, 
I made a Cherry Clafoutis to bring to a dinner party.
The recipe just sounded Divine to me,
Custard and Cherries baked together...
um, yummm.

Since our condo had a full kitchen, 
I knew this would be the perfect time to bake it again.

After looking at many recipes, 
I stumbled upon someone using Julia Child's recipe.  

Unbeknownst to Me, 
it has become very popular since the movie came out. 
Oh well, I like Julia Child 

The recipe sounded really good 
with no diet or low anything in it.
It helped that the Cherries I were really great too!

The recipe says 
to bake a thin layer  of custard
then add the Cherries, 
and rest of the batter. 
I didn't. 
And it came out Fantabulous!





I also DID NOT PIT the CHERRIES.
The Pits are supposed to add a subtle Almond flavor,
so I left them in.
and No One broke a tooth!
Forewarned is Forearmed...

About the Baking Dish!
I used a 9 x 13 baking dish.
If you like thicker custards, use a smaller dish.
Or you may double the batch, so adjust your dish accordingly.


 









Cherry Clafoutis the Julia Child's Way
**************************
1 1/4 cups Milk
1/3 cup Sugar
3 Eggs
1 Tbls Vanilla
1/8 Tsp Salt
1/2 cup Flour
3 cups Cherries {I DID NOT PIT MINE}
1/3 cup Sugar

BuTTer 

 Preheat oven to *350
 Butter well! a 9 x 13 baking dish.
Place Cherries in the baking dish 
and sprinkle 1/3 cup Sugar over them.

In a blender, 
blend the Milk, other Sugar, Eggs, Vanilla, Salt, and Flour.
Pour over the Cherries, slowly, so you don't go knocking them about.
Bake for about 45 minutes
{depending on your oven}
until the Clafouti is puffed and golden brown;
and a knife, wooden stick, comes out clean when tested.
I tend to like my custards like this, more on the "dry" side.


It really is best warm.
Ours was rOOm temperature and was just a good.
You may want to serve it sprinkled with powdered sugar.


There were no leftovers.

7/12/10

No comments:

Post a Comment