Thursday, March 4, 2010

Rainbow paper mache' Sun

Remember the Whymsical Wynter MoOn?
This be the Sister Sun.
I used Tissue PaPer and Mod podge decoupage,
along with Butterfly cut outs from My PaPer punch
and layered and layered and layered.

PaPer Mache Sun
White Acrylic paint
Tissue PaPer ~ assorted CoLoRs
Butterfly PaPer punch
Decorative PaPer ~ assorted designs
Mod Podge Decoupage





I started out by giving the Sun a good layer or two of White paint.
Let dry completely.





Then in a process over a few days,
I decoupaged the Tissue PaPer pieces to the Sun.
I'm pretty heavy handed with the decoupage too!
If you're familiar with Tissue PaPer, you know that it bleeds pretty easily. It would behoove you to do a moderate layer and then let dry for several hours or even overnight would be better.
I didn't really try to follow any kind of system. Most of the time I just closed my eyes, picked a piece and placed it on the Sun.
Sometimes I just closed My EyEs and dropped the tissue paper and let it fall in place.

You know, what ever works for you!

When I felt satisfied with the Tissure PaPer, I put a last layer of Mod podge all over.
Using the Butterfly hole punch,  Cloud design paper, Black&White design paper,
I punched a few Butterflies, then decoupaged them to the Sun.
One more layer of Mod podge to seal it.


Hung on front dOOr to encourage Spring to hurry up and shake a tail, 
We need some warm weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment