Thursday, November 4, 2010

Bread dough ornaments ~ GLiTTeRized!




Every year The Blu Man's school has a fall fest.
This year for the raffle donations, each grade had to bring something specific.
We had Sports.
When I think of School Fairs and Fall Festivals, I think homemade crafts and things of that Nature.
I remember with fondness, the huge tissue paper flower that I had bought at my elementary school fair.

I've been in the mood for Bread Dough, so that's what I chose.
You would think a Fleur de Lis cookie cutter in LOUISIANA would be a Brees.....to find.
snort, yeah, think again.
I did find a weird one at Table le Sur, but I had to work it~

I mixed up a batch:
2 cups flour
1 cup salt
1 cup of water

Mix well.
If too dry, add a sprinkle of water
If too wet, add a dash of flour

Roll out.
Cut with cookie cutter.
Work with the Dough until you are happy with the way it looks.
Bake at 225* until dry all the way through. The low heat helps the dough not to puff up too much.
I will turn the oven off and let the Dough Ornaments sit in the oven until completely cool.
GLiTTeRiZe!

I saved the extra to make some more Ornaments with The Wee Ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment