Thursday, December 15, 2011

Embroidery Felt Bird ornament


This project comes from the same art magazine
as the bread dough snowflakes.
My  level of my embroidery was pretty weak,
But I wanted it so I did it....
 











Trace the pattern on to your felt 
{you could easily substitute
any fabric i would imagine}
Follow the stitching instructions for the embroidery.
Now, the only thing I know about embroidery
is how to thread the needle.
Oy!




I eventually finished the stitching,
 then cut the pieces out along the outline.

I did not stuff mine..I tried, but it was not a pretty sight.

I used mine as a wreath ornament for the front door.
Using a large sprig from our Yulemas tree,
I attached the Felt Bird and hung up.
I really like this project
so plan on making more of these in the future.
Rainbow would be gorgeous.


 Instructions from Holiday Crafts 2010:

No comments:

Post a Comment