Monday, September 20, 2010

Homemade AppLe Sauce

 Well, color me Red, and Golden and Sweet.....
call me Apple.

Although our weather is still
in the summer temps! ...Srsly!
The Womb Fruits and I wanted to make Applesauce.
We picked up a bunch of really nice fruit
from the Fruit Stand on Saturday,

and I chose Gala apples for the applesauce.

I've been wanting an excuse to use
my new pressure cooker 
I was given for my birthday last April, 
and this is as perfect an excuse.
Applesauce is so verra easy.

6 apples ~ Gala {or your choice}
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup sugar
1/8 tsp Cinnamon
1/8 tsp Cardamon 





I peeled, cored, sliced the Apples.
Put in the pressure cooker
and add the rest of your ingredients.

Lock the pressure cooker,
place Knobble on lid,
and place on high heat.
When the steam sets the Knobble to 
a steady rock and roll,
turn your heat down to medium/low heat.
If the Knobble stops rocking and rolling,
turn the heat back up.
When the Knobble starts, that's when you 
start your Cook Time.

FOLLOW YOUR PRESSURE COOKER'S INSTRUCTIONS!!!
CAUTION CAUTION CAUTION!

After the cook time was done,
I de~pressurized it, by lifting the knobble
with a long utensil and then unlocked the lid.
I let the Applesauce simmer for about
10 minutes to cook off the extra water.

It made about 2 cups of Applesauce,
and it was gone in one sitting!

Next time I will try less sugar, 
it did tend to get that syrup ring
around it when it settled in the bowl.
The taste was Wonderful!!!

Next up, on the cOOking front..
Candy Apples!

No comments:

Post a Comment