Friday, October 7, 2011

HummuS

 I LOVE Hummus~
The first time I had it,
was around the age of 8.
We were living in Kuwait
and we made a batch
for a class project
It was great.




To truly appreciate Hummus,
you need to have homemade.
Minimal ingredients that go a looong way,
and
Minimal time to make.
You throw everything in the food chopper
and give a whirl.


 This is a basic recipe.
From here, I adjust it to my Taste.
I prefer a bit more Tahini so I added 
a few more tbls.
I also added more Olive Oil 
to get a smoother Hummus.
The amount of Garlic was perfect!

1 16 oz can of Chickpeas/Garbanzo Beans
3~5 tbls. Lemon Juice
1 1/2 tbls. Tahini
2 Cloves of Garlic
1/2 tsp. Salt
2 tbls. Olive Oil

I also prefer my Pita Bread toasted,
in little triangles~ 

Add some fresh Veggies
{we had a Red, and Yellow Bell PePPer}
and you've got a perfect meal.

Make your Hummus the day/night before,
to give it time for the Flavors 
to really meld!


No comments:

Post a Comment