Sunday, October 2, 2011

My FaVoRiTe tOOLs ~ Artograph Tracer Projector



This handy~dandy tool right here,
has been as asset to just about 
every painting I've ever done.

I bought mine years ago,
at one of the Art Stores around here,
I could swear for about $25/30 dollars.
They are closer to $50/60 now,
but I would still say it's worth the money.
Any more than that, do some research to 
see if it will still suit your Needs.


This is not like the School Projector that uses Transparencies,
{which I do have also, but seldom use}

After doing a Sketch~up on a smaller scale,
I will usually put the Print under the projector,
and then focus the Image onto the Canvas 
{usually a 4x4 or 5x5}
and draw it out.

This helps with Placement {which I'm good at freehand}
and
Sizing/Proportions {which I'm not that good at freehand}

The enlarging/shrinking comes from sliding
the Lens {wide black ring} 
back and forth.
This does not always give me the focus I want,
but I'm able to work around it.

Either way,
it saves me a lot of time on the Basics,
so I can get down to the Details.

No comments:

Post a Comment