Saturday, February 5, 2011

Beef Stew...cause it's freakin cold outside.

I thought I had posted this recipe before,
but cannot find it.

This is a one of those dishes that I grew up
eating, and is definitely a childhood favorite.

Plus, it's a top 3 Pot~Luck dish in my bOOk.



With that wonderful new pressure cooker I 
received for my birthday last year, it's gotten
even easier.

But I still have to peel potatoes....meh.


I use:
**************
Stew meat ~ I always buy the big pack.
Potatoes ~ about 3 large or 6ish small, peeled and chopped
Carrots ~ depends on your likeness of them
Flavorings ~ Worcestershire sauce, Salt & Pepper, Paprika








I'm still learning to use my pressure cooker. 
I used the book to get approximates.
First brown the meat { I like mine really browned, gets more flavor } 
either in the pressure pot
 or in another pan and then transfer to pressure cooker.
Add your seasonings and water.  According to the book I needed 3 1/2 cups.

Seal, place bobble, and turn on High heat.
{AS ALWAYS: 
PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS FOR YOUR PRESSURE POT FOR USING SAFELY} 


When the pot starts steaming and the bobble is wobbleing,
turn your heat down to Medium or Low, and start your timer.







Once the meat was finished cOOking,
I transferred mine to the Dutch Oven,
and added the carrots and peeled/chunked potatoes.
 
I add my carrots first.
The carrots are my favorite part,
so I add extra.
Cook for about 10/15 minutes 
Then add my potatoes to cook for another 10/15 minutes.
Adjust cooking to your preference: firm or smashed.
I like my veggies smashable.

Surround your delish stew with 
your yummiest sides,
eat till your stuffed,
and then fall asleep on the couch.

Really. 


2 comments:

  1. Yum, love those hearty home cooked stews. When can I come round for dinner then!? Marie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. {Marie ~ I know, right? All my life, somebody is always making a stew or gumbo. It's like, life blood!

    ReplyDelete