Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sweet Potato Swirl Bread

Lately, it seems I'm more into cooking than any arts and crafts of the GLiTTeR kind.
This was an interesting recipe so I tried it.
This is by no means a sweet bread;
in fact you may even put a touch of jam on it with your morning or afternoon coffee.

I could not distinctly taste the sweet potatoes, but they do make for a moist loaf.


Since I scanned the recipe in,
I'll skip posting all the extra wording.


I used my usual 4 mini loaf pans.







I baked the Sweet Potatoes for about 50 minutes,
and let them cool in the oven.
Man, did my house smell Divine!


It did seem to be a rather thick dough, 
for some reason I just thought it would be
not so thick even though it's a bread recipe.

Next time, I think I will lessen the cocoa
because the cocoa swirl did seem to overpower the
Sweet Potato a bit. I really wanted to taste both.



I baked the loaves for approx. 50 minutes. When I slice tested it, it was still very moist on the inside, and I was thinking I would have to put it back in the oven for a few minutes. Once it completely cooled and set the next day, it was Perfect!  This is the kind of food that is great for a Picnic, or a trip to the Beach, or a Road Tripp..you can cut thick slices and wrap in wax or parchment paper for a heavy, satisfying snack. I will be trying this recipe again.




If you are unable to read the scanned recipe due to blurriness,
this is the same exact recipe~


Duncan Hines Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment