Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Peach Cobbler.....it's peachy!


I love Peaches.
I love Peach Cobbler even more.
 
I picked up these beauties with
the intention of making a pie,
but found this recipe instead.


PeaCh CoBBLer recipe

Seeing as I had 4 Peaches,
I doubled the recipe.
I did make some changes though,
especially with the Sugar.




  • 4 large peaches, peeled and sliced
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • plus 1/4 cup sugar
  • 1 cup butter, melted
  • 2cup all-purpose flour
  • 4 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
  • 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
  • 1 1/2 cups milk



  • I started making the recipe 
    and when I realized that doubling 
    made it 3 cups of Sugar,
    my teeth kind of screeched to a halt!
    So I put the 1 1/2 cups with
    the fresh Peach slices,
    and used the 1/4 cup 
    in the flour mixture.

    I also added Cinnamon,
    cause I LOVE Cinnamon.

    I  added Freshly ground Nutmeg.
    After using it in Oatmeal cookies,
    I'll never go back to bottled Nutmeg.
    Yum.

    Use a 9 x 11 dish.

    I followed the directions as followed
    for the rest of the recipe.

    This is one of the best Cobblers,
    I have ever tasted, even though,
    I overcooked it about 5 minutes
    (next time I'll keep it between 40 and 45 minutes}

    The cobbler bread is fantastic.
    It's in between a Biscuit and Cake,
    the perfect compliment to 
    firm fresh Peaches.

    Next time, 
    I think I might cut back 
    on the Sugar a bit more,
    and possibly the Butter, by 1/2 (4 tbls).
    I would also recommend
    when baking to put on a cookie sheet. 

    So, if you have some fresh Peaches,
    or any other fruit for that matter,
    I highly recommend trying this recipe.

    It's peachy keen!




    No comments:

    Post a Comment